M.K.K. NEWS & EVENTS
Christmas Eve & Day
New Years Eve & Day
1. Arrive to class (group or private) early, prepared, and on time. Avoid eating at least 30 minutes before training.
2. Make sure your uniforms are clean and pressed. (white or black T-Shirts must be worn under your uniform).
3. Practice good personal hygiene and keep your nails trimmed.
4. Make time to practice.
5. Organize extra practice sessions with fellow classmates and instructors.
6. Have your tournament material prepared and ready to perform at all times.
7. Schedule your private classes wisely to avoid conflicts with other events and make the most of your time.
8. Always bring your sparring gear (students with an incomplete set of gear will lose the privilege to spar).
9. Respect all classmates and instructors.
10. Follow the Martial's Kenpo Karate discipline, in and out of the school.
March 26, 2022
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Event Flyer Coming Soon
SMA JOHN SEPULVEDA
Advanced Kenpo Training System
Our Association’s president is John Sepulveda, who has over 50 years experience in Kenpo and holds a 10th Degree Black Belt (Senior Master of the Art). Mr. Sepulveda was one of a very few who was a direct student of Senior Grandmaster Parker before his untimely passing. Mr. Sepulveda is featured prominently in Tom Bleecker’s recent book, The Journey and the International Journey, which profiles prominent students of Ed Parker. He is also included in the book “Kenpo Perspectives, The Diversity of American Kenpo” written by Michael Miller. To the uninitiated, this is a singular honor.
Mr. Sepulveda has actively and successfully competed in many Open, National and International tournaments and has many junior and senior students who have also competed successfully at the same levels of competition. His students are known for their speed and explosive power as well as their character. Mr. Sepulveda has also appeared on television, and in national and international martial arts magazines, and has written numerous articles on the art of Kenpo as perpetuated by Senior Grandmaster Ed Parker.
Mr. Sepulveda is the founder of the “Advanced Kenpo Training System”™. This organization boasts member schools in the United States, from coast to coast. We are proudly affiliated with Ed Downey’s European Kenpo Karate Association at http://www.europeankenpo.com.
Mr. Sepulveda is one of the founding members of the “Senior Council” which boasts some of the best Kenpo practitioners worldwide. He has been recognized worldwide for his committed efforts in promoting Kenpo, which has included receiving many awards, including the California Karate League’s “Official of the Year Award,” and the Associated Teachers Association of the Martial Artists (ATAMA) “Hall of Fame Award.” In 2007 he was inducted as a Charter Member of the Kenpo Hall of Fame, in 2008 he was inducted into the World Martial Arts Masters Association Hall of Fame, and in 2009 he was inducted into the World Master’s Hall of Fame. In 2015, he was inducted into the Master’s Hall of Fame and received the Mike Stone Leadership Award for his contributions to the martial arts community. At the present time there are over 50 schools affiliated with Mr. Sepulveda throughout the United States, Europe, South America, and Mexico.
© Advanced Kenpo Training System, LLC. Not affiliated with KamIV, Inc., the International Kenpo Karate Association (IKKA) or its affiliates.